Sunday, 15 November 2015

Drugstore Autumnal makeup tutorial

Hey guys, so today I'm back with my autumnal makeup routine. I absolutely love this look whether it's in the day time, or on a night out. I don't do many makeup tutorials or routines very often, but it's definitely something I'd like to do more of, so let me know in the comments if you'd like that! In the past I've done an everyday makeup routine and a nude eye makeup look, so have a read of those. Also I'm not the best at doing eye makeup so bare that in mind! The eyes are the main part in this look, and this is what they look like when they're done! 


So first of all I will do my base makeup. I will usually start off with a concealer, I'm currently using one from Natural Collection. This is only around £3, and it's amazing! It gives really good coverage without looking cakey. It also lasts around 3-4 hours on your face as well which is great. If I have enough time, I will apply this with a damp beauty blender, this one I bought from eBay and it works perfectly. I will then powder my face to make my makeup longer lasting, I will usually use my Rimmel stay matte. It's not the best powder I've tried as it does go very shiny on my face after about an hour, although it doesn't take too long to top up. I always apply this using my Real Techniques powder brush.

I will then go onto bronzer, blusher and highlight. I will start out by bronzing my cheek bones, jaw line, and temples using the Maybelline master sculpt in the shade light. I do this using my Real Techniques contour brush. I will then apply blush using my £1 (yep bargain) MUA blush in the shade lolly. This colour is gorgeous, it's very pigmented so you only need the smallest amount, and the staying power is amazing. I apply this using my Primark blush brush. Finally I will add a little bit of highlight again using my Maybelline master sculpt, I apply this above my bronzer and slightly on my nose. I find this is not very pigmented, so you have to apply quite a lot, even for a very subtle glow.

Next I will move onto eyes. For this whole golden smokey eyeshadow look, I used the MUA undress me too palette. This is such a gorgeous palette, the colours are absolutely perfect for Autumn, they're very pigmented, and you can create tons of different looks using it. 
First of all I took the shade devotion and patted it all over my lid. This creates a very golden eye which is perfect for making blue eyes stand out. I then took the shade fiery and patted that on the outer corner of my eye and in my crease to create the smokey effect. Finally I took the shade wink and went over the top of fiery to create a more smokey effect. 

I will then use my soap and glory supercat liner, and do a line across my lid and then a flick at the end. I will go over it using my collection fast stroke eyeliner, as this is a darker, a bolder black, and it doesn't smudge or fade at all. I will finish off using my everyday mascara: maybelline the falsies. 
I will also fill my eyebrows in using the soap and glory brow archery.

I can't forget my lips of course, so to compliment this look I will usually do a plum lip using my collection lipstick in the shade sugar plum. 

Finally I will use my makeup revolution setting spray. This helps my makeup stay on that little bit longer, and for £4 you can't complain. 


I hope you've all enjoyed this post! 

My social media links:


Xoxo

8 comments:

  1. This is a lovely gold sparkly eye look! Definitely giving it a try for Christmas parties :)

    http://itsmemelblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this look so gorgeous! You should really have more confidence in your makeup skills, girl, because you did a fabulous job!!!! :) I love the colour, thanks so much for sharing x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Glad you liked it! X

      Delete
  3. I love your blog! I tagged you over on my blog to do the liebster award... you can check it out here: http://www.abigailjessicax.com/2015/11/the-liebster-award.html x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a pretty look! x

    Charlotte ~ http://allthingsmakeupbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete