Sunday, 6 September 2015

DIY sun tattoo

Hey guys, so if you read my last post (my Tenerife photo diary) you will know I've been away on holiday. And whilst I was there, I thought I would try and get a sun tattoo! It turned out super pretty, so I thought I'd share with you how to do it! 

Things you will need:

- Scissors
- A pencil
- Stickers 

Instructions: 

1. First of all, you will need to draw a shape (I chose a heart) on the back/the side you peel off on one of your stickers. 

2. You will then need to cut out this shape, and this will now be your stencil. 

3. You can then use this stencil as a guide to draw the shape on the rest of your stickers, so they are all the same size. I made 14 of them, and I went on a 7 day holiday, so this gave me 2 to use per day. 

4. You will need to cut all of these out, and you are now ready to use them! 

5. When your on holiday, or somewhere sunny, you will be able to use them. But make sure you have put suncream on around and even underneath it, as it is quite easy to burn around the sticker. You can then stick your sticker wherever you want the sun tattoo to be, I chose my hip, and then keep it there all day if your sunbathing, and obviously replace it with another one if it falls off! Just make sure you have enough. 

And then by the end of your holiday you will have your sun tattoo! It's basically a tan line in a chosen shape, but I think they look super tumblr and cute. They will obviously stand out and be more obvious the longer you are away for, as mine is quite faint after a weeks holiday. 

I hope you've enjoyed this post, and it's helped!

My social media links:


Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Aw this is such a fab idea! I probably wouldn't have the patience to do this but I love the thought of doing it. Yours looks super cute :) x

    Kathryn | Chapters of Kat

    ReplyDelete