Sunday, 12 April 2015

New York City haul // beauty

Hey guys, so if you follow my Instagram then you will know that I recently visited the big apple (aka New York City)! It was an absolutely amazing experience and I will be doing some posts soon sharing with you what I did whilst I was there. 

So first of all, I had to go to bath and body works!! They had a 3 for $10 deal on the mini body sprays, so I obviously had to dive straight in!! I bought them in the scents 'lush pink', 'Japanese cherry blossom', and 'warm vanilla sugar'. 

Also from bath and body works, the pocketbac hand gels were 5 for $5, so I obviously bought 5. I bought them in the scents 'cupcake sweetie', 'carribean sweetie', 'vanilla berry sorbet' and 'watermelon lemonade'. 

Next I went to a drugstore, and picked up an EOS in the flavour 'summer sorbet'.  This was around $4.99 which I believe is quite good as they are around £6 in selfridges. 

Also from the drugstore I picked up the 'real techniques core collection kit'. This was around $19, so I saved around £10 as these are £21.99 in england! 

Finally, I had to go into a mac. There were macs everywhere so this was great! I'd never bought anything from Mac before, so I thought I would try a few products whilst being in America, as I could save a bit of money buying it out there.

First of all I picked up the 'Mac Pro long wear foundation'. This was around $32 I think, so I saved about £4. When I was in this shop buying this, I wasn't sure which colour would suit my skin the best, so I asked one of the ladies working there, and she chose a colour and put it on my skin to see if it would suit it. 

Next also from Mac, I picked up the 'eye brows' product. I think that's what it's called?! Whilst buying this I also asked one of the ladies which colour would suit me, and she chose lingering, and it is a great match for my eye brows. I've been using this every day since I bought it! I think it was around $16 so I saved about £3. 

Finally from Mac, I picked up two lipsticks. The first one in the shade 'brave'. I think this is one if the more popular Mac lipsticks, and I can certainly see why. It's a beautiful dark brownish nude shade. This  is a satin lipstick, so it is quite dry. These were $16 each, so I made a huge saving here as they're £15.50 in England. 

The next Mac lipstick I picked up was 'ramblin rose'. I don't think this is a very popular Mac lipstick, well I've never heard many people mention it. But after my research I realised this was a beautiful colour that I had to pick up. It's a lovely rose gold shimmer colour, and it is a frost lipstick. It doesn't last very long on the lips though which is a downside, but it's a beautiful colour. 

I hope you enjoyed this post! I will be doing another haul soon on some other random & fashion bits I picked up in America. 
Comment below if you would like me to review any of these products, and which ones?
Also feel free to always comment if you've enjoyed my posts! 

My social media links:


Xoxox

6 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great time! I bought SO much stuff when I went to America!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was pretty amazing!! I bought rather a lot too, there's still another haul from America yet to be posted...

      Delete
  2. I can't believe how much cheaper make up is in America!! You picked up some awesome stuff, I've been wanting Brave lipstick for a while. Great post, I want to go to New York even more now haha!! ;D xx

    leah-talks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a bit cheaper! :) I love brave, it's such a lovely colour. New York was such an amazing experience! Glad you liked my post :) xx

      Delete
  3. I'm jealous! May I steal those brushes haha?
    xx | Izzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aw! I got a bargain on those! :) xx

      Delete