Sunday, 1 March 2015

My evening skincare routine

Hey guys, so today I'm doing my evening skincare routine. Its a collab with Lucy from All About That Makeup, who is doing a morning skincare routine, and you can find her blog here.

So as you can see from the picture, I only use four products on my skin of an evening, this is because I like to keep it simple, and I don't like to put loads of chemicals onto my skin. I only have two steps to my evening skincare routine, so carry on reading if you want to find out more. 


1. Removing makeup.
So first of all, even if I've had a shower that night, I still go over my face to remove any excess makeup. I will use my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, which is literally so amazing, and everybody talks about it, but it is certainly worth it. Its only around £4, and I bought it early last year, and still have around 3/4 of it left. You only need to use a tiny bit, and it works miracles. I use some cotton pads / cosmetic pads with this, and they're from Primark, for £1. 
Once I've got most of my makeup off, I will just go over my face with a face wipe just to check. Most of the time I use simple face wipes, although it varies. I also like Garnier face wipes, and Johnsons face wipes, but I noticed these Superdrug cleansing facial wipes the other day. I think they were only around £1, so I thought I would give them a go. They're for combination skin, although you could also get them for dry skin, and normal skin. Most face wipes are the same no matter what the brand, so I thought for less than half of the price of Simple ones, I had to give them a go. 

2. Moisturising. 
Finally once all of makeup has been removed, I moisturise my skin. My skin is oily, but it is also super dry after I've had a shower. I've always used simple moisturisers, and they work the best for my skin. Of an evening, I use the Simple kind to skin, replenishing moisturiser. This is quite heavy on the skin, but also really moisturising, so I wouldn't use this of a morning. It soaks into the skin really well, and is just perfect if your skin can get dry or flaky.

I hope you've enjoyed this post, remember to check out Lucy's morning skin care routine, which you will find here, and her links: Twitter | Bloglovin

My social media:


Xoxo


10 comments:

  1. Love it, thanks for the collab- we'll have to do another one sometimešŸ˜˜ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah the collab was great, we will :) ️xxx

      Delete
  2. The micellear water is great! It's in my monthly faves! Also have the simple moisturiser aswell! Great post

    Love amy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Glad you liked my post :) ️xxx

      Delete
  3. I couldn't survive without face wipes. I use the Simple ones and they are a little pricey so I may have to give the Superdrug ones a go! I did a post on my skincare routine if you want to take a look here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a look at your post :) x

      Delete
  4. Great post! I love the micellar water <3

    Love Megan

    http://myfashiondiary14.blogspot.de/?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award http://www.beauty-billboard.co.uk/2015/03/sisterhood-of-world-bloggers-award.html

    ReplyDelete