Monday, 23 February 2015

My everyday makeup routine!

Hey guys, so today I'm going to be showing you my everyday makeup routine, and its a collab with the lovely Amy from lipstickandthegirl, you can find her blog here.

So this makeup routine is super easy, it takes me 10 minutes so it's perfect for when your in a rush, basically everyday for school. I start off doing my face makeup (foundation etc) then go onto eyes and then finish with eyebrows. 


1. Prime 
On a school day, I always prime my face, as it helps my makeup stay on all day, which is a huge bonus as I don't particularly want to be topping it up at school. This has been a new thing to me, as I've only recently started using primers, and I love this rimmel fix and perfect one. 

2. Base 
I use foundation as the base of my makeup as it evens out my skin tone, and hides redness to the cheeks. At the minute I'm using the collection naturally matt foundation. I'm not that keen on this, as it doesn't actually make my skin matt, and I'm not keen on the consistency, but it is good for evening the skin tone. 

3. Covering blemishes 
Next, in case I have quite a lot of spots that day, and the foundation hasn't covered them, I will put some concealer on. I use my real techniques expert face brush to buff it all in, which leaves a great finish. I use a natural collection conceler, which is actually quite good for around £3! 

4. Setting it 
To set my makeup in order for it to last as long as possible, and to also give it a matte finish (which is what I need for oily prone skin) I use the rimmel stay matte powder. I love this, and it is so good. To do this, I use the real techniques powder brush. 

5. Eyes
For my eyes I just use mascara. This is my favourite mascara, as it has quite a big bushy brush so it doesn't take long to apply and it gives loads of volume. I use the max factor wild mega volume mascara. 

6. Eyebrows 
Finally I do my eyebrows, and I just fill them in using my collection work the brow kit. I use the medium shade, and if you want to see my review on this product then click here.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and be sure to check out Amy's 'night out makeup routine' here, and her links: Instagram | Twitter 

My Social media:

Instagram- @vanilladrxps

Twitter- @vanilladrxps 

I've also made an account on bloglovin, so if you want to follow me on there then click here

Xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I've tried the primer before it's great!

    Thanks for collabing x

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah i agree, its great! I loved collabing with you :) xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! I nominated you for the infinity dreams award head over to aislingsbeautybytes.blogspot.com to see your questions! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will have a look at the tag, thanks for nominating me! x x

      Delete